Wondering what DClarkFarr.com is about? You've come to the right place! Here's a quick listing and explanation of this website, its goals and features. (Feel free to comment or ask questions. I'll try to answer personally.)
New Features List/Explanation
- Member Accounts - Most imortantly, all accounts on DClarkFarr.com are COMPLETELY FREE! Now that's out of the way, an account will allow you to take full advantage of everything the site has to offer. Without one, you can browse the main site, book catalog, and read comments and the site's general FAQ forum. With one, you will also be able to use the free E-Book Reader, leave your own comments, direct-message the author, start threads in specialized forums, and get all the behind-the-scenes content in the Full Access area of the site.
- Full Access - Is exactly what it sounds like and it does require a username/password or a Facebook Login. Full Access is a hub of trivia/information for each book, containing 1) Chapter Walkthroughs, 2) Chapter Comment Sections, 3) Chapter Ratings, 4) E-Book Reader (Read the books online), 5) Forums, 6) Book-Related Events and Updates
- Book Catalog - A store-like view/summary of all the author's books and their current phase of publication.
- Comments - Comment sections exist nearly everywhere on the site, including blog posts, FAQ/Forum Topics, and for the chapters of each book (Full Access > E-Book Reader only.)
- FAQs - The site contains a general FAQ/Forum that tries to answer any questions you may have about the site. It also has Forums for each book in the Full Access > E-Books area.
- Blog - D. Clark Farr regularly posts updates on his progress as an author and related events. He also randomly blogs about happenings, writes movie reviews, and occassionally contributes to his series of posts about "How to Be an Author."
- Social Media - Basically, if it's too hard to follow D. Clark Farr on his twitter account or facebook athor page, you can always see what he's been up to right here.
- Member VS Contributor - There is only one type of member account, and it is, was, and will be completely free. There are no upsales of any kind. Becoming a Contributor is a completely optional perk that can be requested and (always) granted on a per-book basis. Unfortunately, not all of the author's books are available for publishing yet. However, if you're a hard-core fan, or just like being a "beta-reader" you can become a contributor for yet-unpublished books and offer your feedback. This also enables you to get a quicker look at the material.
- Unlock Complete Novels - As previously stated, not all novels are completely available online, though this is the goal. However, if you have purchased a book on Amazon Kindle, Create Space, or Google Play Books, there's no reason not for you to have the complete version online here as well. Submit your purchase code and the book will be unlocked.
Still have some questions? Try checking out the site's FAQs for more questions and answers!